Green Working Practices
All the management and staff at Edinburgh Tree Surgeons take great pride in its strict environmental policy, and our impact on the living environment.
We are fully committed to minimising our impact and any negative effect on ecosystems and wildlife.
- To recycle all our day to day green waste, either using council services or on site as mulches or composts
- All off-site waste to be removed is recycled and none ends up in landfill
- All our excess timber is taken to be reused for firewood or timber
- We have ecological office practices and recycle paper products and minimise our waste wherever possible
- We comply with wildlife legislation – the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 – particularly with reference to nesting birds. We will schedule work for after birds have fledged and can advise.
- We encourage replanting and tree management not removal where possible.
- Encourage use of bird and bat boxes to encourage wildlife.
- We recognise the importance of preserving our heritage trees as wildlife habitats and key species in ecosystems.
We take all waste to be recycled and turned into compost, mostly using the sites maintained by Forth Resource Management. We work with allotment holders to provide them with woodchip and with local businesses to provide logs for firewood and joinery.
Get In Touch
07917 408 188 or 01315 100 533
Marchmont, The Grange, Liberton - to name but a few
We take care of your environment by leaving the site clean and clear. We follow legislation to protect wildlife and nesting birds and dispose of all our green waste at certified recycling sites. We take care to reuse and recycle within our business to keep our carbon footprint as low as possible. You will not regret trusting us in your garden.