Professional and Knowledgeable
Surprisingly, a lot of tree surgeons are not very knowledgeable about plant species and growing trees. To obtain chainsaw qualifications, it is only necessary to know the mechanical aspects of the work, and there are few people who combine knowledge with that of horticulture. Our team comprises of professional tree surgeons with experience in many different aspects of arboriculture, who also have engineering and plantsmanship qualifications. We are also skilled at working in built up areas, with care and attention to the built environment around the tree, and removal of waste in locations with difficult access. We work to the industry standard of BS-3998 (2010) in busy city centre and suburban locations, as well as semi-rural and rural areas in Midlothian and East Lothian.
Insured and No Nasty Suprises
Tree removal is high risk – with both staff, the public and property being in danger. We work at height, and with powerful moving machinery. It is important that you choose a professional tree surgeon, with experience and qualifications to tackle the work. This can also involve professional experience, as removing or pruning trees without permission can result in hefty fines.
We are careful and meticulous, your trees are in safe hands with our team. And in the highly unlikely event of an accident (we have never claimed in over 15 years in the business), we are fully insured.
Care of the Environment
Tree management would be our first choice, preserving the life of the tree and local ecology, but trees in urban areas can require felling if they are poorly place, diseased or damaged. We always recommend more appropriate planting after removal. Maintaining your trees is an important part of land ownership, and appropriate pruning and care can save money in the long run and provide you with a more healthy specimen that can be enjoyed, as well as bringing more light to your garden and property. Dead-wooding for example, reduces the risk of disease and reduces the chance of dead limbs or branches falling on people or property.
As qualified tree surgeons, we are also skilled in hedge care and shrub pruning. Some hedges can be permanently damaged by improper pruning techniques or unseasonal work. We are all skilled horticulturalists and have worked with all hedge types and species, we can advise you as to the best care plan.
Top Tips for Employing a Tree Surgeon in Edinburgh
So, in short, are you googling how to find the best tree surgeon near me? These are the criteria that we would look for professionally when looking for tree services in Edinburgh:
- Professional – following the industry standard of BS3998:2010 (Tree Work Recommendations). If the person you are thinking to hire doesn’t know what this is, they are not a professional.
- Insured – we are insured up to £10 million for any accidental damage.
- Qualified – look for certificates from NPTC and Lantra.
- Friendly and approachable – our team provide helpful advice and help you to make a decision, we will never push you to go ahead with a quotation, and are always happy to discuss quotes.
- Great reviews – we are registered Which Trusted Traders, Edinburgh Trusted Traders and of course on Google. Take a look to see what other customers say about our work.
- Clear and honest – we are transparent with our policies and procedures, any questions just ask. We also provide written quotations as a reference point. It is always good to ask questions before hiring a tradesman, if they are professional they will be happy to help.
The team were responsive, reliable and efficient. They pruned several trees and a large hedge. I would recommend them and use them again.